Please buy a ticket to the Band Together concert on June 6 (how’s that for getting to the point?). It will be a ton of fun, and if you do, I won’t do another post about the event (well, at least not until it’s over).
Tickets are only 20 bucks — and that gets you one hell of a concert featuring Rusted Root, The Rosebuds, Chatham County Line, and maybe even an after party with Hobex. And if you want plenty of great food and beverages, think about getting a VIP ticket for $125. Urban Food Group is the exclusive caterer to this year’s Band Together event, and I’m quite confident you’ll like what they’ll be serving.
The silent auction items have pretty much been finalized, and I’ll list the food-related items again followed by some choice non-food items. If you’re not there, you can’t bid on them.
- Cooking class for 10 people led by Chef Bill Smith at Crook’s Corner.
- Fullsteam Brewery personalized beer experience. You’ll meet with the ultra-cool folks at Fullsteam who will design a beer based on your individual tastes. They’ll make that beer and then then deliver 5 gallons of it, with personalized labels and 10 t-shirts, to your home to have a great party. More info found here.
- Ashley Christensen and Poole’s Diner Experience. Spend a Thursday trailing chef Ashley Christensen in the kitchen at Poole’s Downtown Diner. Learn some insider tips. That evening, you and 3 guests will sample the food that you prepared.
- Jujube Working Experience. Want to learn the secrets behind kick-ass Asian-influenced food? Ever wanted to find out how hot woks can really get? Well spend a night working the line with chef Josh DeCarolis at Chapel Hill’s Jujube, and you’ll be a better cook.
- Herons Farm to Table Experience. Spend a day with chef Scott Crawford touring Cherry Lane Farm, a beautiful local family-owned farm where 2 acres have been planted for Herons in The Umstead Hotel and Spa. Return to Herons that evening for a specially prepared dinner for 2 created around the items you harvested.
- Knife Skills with Chad Ward. The author of the acclaimed book, An Edge in the Kitchen, will conduct a knife skills class for you and your guests in your kitchen. Trust me, you’ll learn a lot from this class. And you’ll get a signed copy of Chad’s book.
- Zely & Ritz in Your Home. Chef Sarig Agasi of Raleigh’s fantastic Zely & Ritz will cook a private dinner for 4 people in your home on a Sunday evening.
Other Food-related Items
- Cases of Wine
- Restaurant gift certificates from Magnolia Grill, Fins, Fosters, and more
- Tour complements of Taste Carolina Gourmet Food Tours
Other Nice Items
- Two bedroom beachfront condo in Curacao during Thanksgiving weekend
- Ride the Zamboni at a Hurricanes’ game next season
- Get a personal, behind the scenes tour of WRAL with anchor Bill Leslie
- Sports memorabilia and tickets, including items signed by Shaquille O’Neal, Dale Earnhardt, Jr., Eric Staal, Roy Williams and tickets to UNC football and basketball, Carolina Panthers, NASCAR, and NC State football and basketball (and more)
- Lunch with the N&O’s cartoonist Dwayne Powell and columnist Barry Saunders (and maybe a charicature by Powell, too)
- Golfing packages, including a round for 4 on the soon to open NC State golf course
- U2 tickets — good ones
- Custom-built skateboards
- All kinds of spa, massage and other personal “treatments”
- Incredible artwork
- Amazing music memorabilia, including signed guitars and photography. Or a lesson on harmonica and washboard from local bluesman (and Cajun chef) Mel Melton.
- Ever wanted to DJ a party? You will at a local club after getting some lessons from a professional DJ.
- Want to get away for awhile? How about a condo at N. Myrtle Beach, a beach house, or a luxury suite at a B&B at Cape Carteret (with massages included)? And if you want to stay closer to home, try a night at the new Renaissance hotel.
There are a lot more items than this, but you gotta be there to bid. During this tough economy, non-profits like the Lucy Daniels Center (the charity who receives the net proceeds from this event), need your help more than ever. Please buy a ticket and make a difference. And have a great time.
June 6, 2009
Downtown Raleigh at the Lincoln Theatre