The response has been terrific to my plea for interesting food-related silent auction items. Interested in cooking with Ashley Christensen? You can do it. Want Zely & Ritz chef Sarig Agasi to cook you dinner in your home? Done. And how about harvesting vegetables with Herons’ chef Scott Crawford, and then having him cook for you? It’s all yours — for a price.
How do you bid on these items? First, you need to attend the Band Together concert on June 6, 2009. Tickets are 20 bucks in advance, $25 at the door, and $125 for great VIP tickets. Second, you need to bid.
Here’s a list of some of the food-related experiences:
- Fullsteam Brewery personalized beer experience. You’ll meet with the ultra-cool folks at Fullsteam who will design a beer based on your individual tastes. They’ll make that beer and then then deliver 5 gallons of it, with personalized labels and 10 t-shirts, to your home to have a great party.
- Ashley Christensen and Poole’s Diner Experience. Spend a Thursday trailing chef Ashley Christensen in the kitchen at Poole’s Downtown Diner. Learn some insider tips. That evening, you and 3 guests will sample the food that you prepared.
- Jujube Working Experience. Want to learn the secrets behind kick-ass Asian-influenced food? Ever wanted to find out how hot woks can really get? Well spend a night working the line with chef Josh DeCarolis at Chapel Hill’s Jujube, and you’ll be a better cook.
- Herons Farm to Table Experience. Spend a day with chef Scott Crawford touring Cherry Lane Farm, a beautiful local family-owned farm where 2 acres have been planted for Herons in The Umstead Hotel and Spa. Return to Herons that evening for a specially prepared dinner created around the items you harvested.
- Knife Skills with Chad Ward. The author of the acclaimed book, An Edge in the Kitchen, will conduct a knife skills class for you and your guests in your kitchen. Trust me, you’ll learn a lot from this class. And you’ll get a signed copy of Chad’s book.
- Zely & Ritz in Your Home. Chef Sarig Agasi of Raleigh’s fantastic Zely & Ritz will cook a private dinner in your home on a Sunday evening.
I’m anticipating that we’ll have even more experiences than these, and I’ll add them to the list when confirmed. We also have lots of other items that may be of interest to you, such as gift certificates at great restaurants such as Magnolia Grill, Fins, and others. Plenty of wine. Culinary tours from Taste Carolina.
And if you’re interested in non-culinary items? How about a two-bedroom beachfront condo in Curacao during Thanksgiving week? Or a weekend in a gorgeous suite at the Harborlight Guest House on the Bogue Sound (including massages and dinner for two)? Ever wanted to ride the Zamboni at a Hurricanes’ game? Now you can. There’s a behind the scenes tour of WRAL led by Bill Leslie. Custom made longboard skateboards. Lots of spa treatment. And if you’re into sports, lots of tickets and memorabilia.
So get your tickets to the June 6 concert, featuring Rusted Root, The Rosebuds, and Chatham County Line, with an after-party featuring Hobex. It all goes to my favorite cause, the Lucy Daniels Center. I’ll see you there.
June 6, 2009
Downtown Raleigh at the Lincoln Theatre